Spring is in the air at Chalk Hill Estate Vineyards & Winery. Bud-break will soon begin, and similarly, our organic culinary garden is waking up to offer a springtime bounty of fresh herbs, fruits and vegetables. Through garden-to-table culinary creations, we invite you to experience the exuberance of the season with our Estate Sauvignon Blanc or the Windy Ridge Sauvignon Blanc. Bright and luscious at the same time, these Sauvignon Blancs complement this savory citrus dish.
- 8 nectarines, slightly under ripe
- 1 bunch chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme, and a few extra sprigs for garnish
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ cup neutral oil, such as vegetable
- 6 ounces Chèvre
- Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill (or oven broiler) to high heat.
- In the jar of a blender, combine chives and oil, and blend on high for about 45 seconds. Pour chive oil through a coffee filter, and let filter for about 30 minutes.
- Pit nectarines and slice into wedges. Toss with olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Grill or broil wedges of nectarine until lightly charred and caramelized. Transfer to serving platter.
- To serve, top nectarines with strained oil, and crumbles of Chèvre. Garnish with fresh thyme springs from your home garden.
- Pair with Chalk Hill 2021 Estate Sauvignon Blanc or Chalk Hill 2021 Estate Windy Ridge Sauvignon Blanc.