Summer is here at Chalk Hill Estate Vineyards & Winery. Chef Alec Graham captures the essence of the start of the summer season with these grilled lamb lollipops. The fresh herbs make this the perfect light passed hors d’oeuvre for any summer gathering.
- 12 lamb chops
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano, finely chopped
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 tbsp capers
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon
- 2 filets of anchovy
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to high heat. Toss lamb in red wine vinegar, oregano, olive oil, salt, and pepper, and marinade for about 15 minutes.
- In a small blender, combine parsley, capers, garlic, the zest and juice of the lemon, anchovy, and ½ cup of olive oil. Blend on low until roughly combined, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Grill lamb until lightly charred, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from grill and let rest for 10 minutes.
- To serve, arrange chops on platter and drizzle with fresh herb sauce.
- Pair with Chalk Hill Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir or Estate Pinot Noir.