The spring season brings bud break and a flourishing culinary garden at Chalk Hill Estate Vineyards & Winery! Chef Alec Graham brings this season to life with fresh farm-to-table dishes that pair nicely with our estate wines.
The fresh wild mushrooms from our thriving estate gardens make a perfect addition to any spring appetizer. One of our favorites is Chef Alec’s rich, Wild Mushroom Tartine with Triple Crème Brie. The earthy tones in mushrooms highlight the silky palate and ripe tannins of our Chalk Hill Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir and Mt. Eden Pinot Noir.
- 8 oz Wild Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp brandy
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 4 oz triple creme brie
- Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil, and mushrooms. Cook until tender, about 4-5 minutes.
2. Add soy sauce and brandy, reduce by half. Remove from heat, and slowly add butter, stirring constantly to emulsify. Add herbs, and set aside.
3. Toast the bread over medium heat in olive oil.
4. To assemble, spread mushrooms over toasted bread. Dot with small pieces of cheese.